Permanent Residence Skilled Regional 191 visa

Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) Visa Subclass 191 will be introduced by 16 November 2022.

Who can get Permanent Residence Skilled Regional 191 visa?

At this stage we know that 191 visa will be applicable for only those people who have either lived, worked or had remained a student in a designated regional area of the country, previously. The members of your family can be included only if they hold an eligible visa. It is crucial that each family member who is eligible, apply for Subclass 191 visa at the same time when the applicant is lodging the application. Once the application is submitted, family members cannot be added.


  • hold an eligible visa
  • have lived for at least 3 years and have a taxable income at or above a specific income threshold for at least three years
  • both primary and secondary applicants have complied with the conditions of the eligible visa you hold or have held

What you can do with Permanent Residence Skilled Regional 191 visa?

  • stay in Australia permanently
  • work and study in Australia
  • enrol in Australia’s public health care scheme, Medicare
  • sponsor your relatives to come to Australia
  • travel to and from Australia for 5 years
  • if eligible, apply for Australian citizenship

Official source: Australian Department of Home Affairs

Other visa options